As a leading primary fund investor, Portfolio Advisors frequently has the opportunity to make direct co-investments in private equity transactions alongside top-tier sponsors. According to a recent study, 80% of limited partners reported better performance from co-investments than from their traditional fund investments. At the same time, fund sponsors like to offer co-investment to their limited partners because it can provide a ready source of committed capital and increase transaction efficiency/speed. Furthermore, co-investors can be a great source of value-added experience once the transaction closes.
Benefits of Co-Investments
- Targeted exposure to preferred industries, terms, geographies, or managers
- Compelling risk/return profiles
- Enhanced access to larger deals
- Deal sourcing across the broader Portfolio Advisors platform
- Leveraging our Platform: We source a wide range of co-investment opportunities from our primary relationships with more than 250 general partners.
- Dedicated Team: Our team has significant experience in sourcing and executing co-investments, and an established track record.
- Middle-Market Emphasis: Middle-market opportunities generally have a greater demand for co-investment capital and provide greater access to company management.
- Constructing Diversified Portfolios: We seek to create well-diversified portfolios with enhanced economics compared to typical private equity fund investments.